I just gave birth to my baby four months ago. I think a month ago I had a miscarriage, I was bleeding ALOT and I had no medical so I didn't get checked out....I just took a pregnancy test and it's positive....am I really pregnant?

I can't see a doctor for a couple more days and I just wanted to see what you ladys thought. I so don't want to be pregnant. I was just in a car accident a month ago and a couple days later thats when I was bleeding really really bad. Then three weeks ago I got my gallbladder taken out.....I mean how can I be pregnant after all that??? But the pregnancy test was clearly positive........

Mrs.Wills

Asked by Mrs.Wills at 12:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • Seriously, you guys are so mean sometimes. She has a GENERAL question. She was wondering if her body could still have the horomone in it from a month ago. She shouldn't go to the ER just b/c she thinks she may be pregnant. She said she's going to the doc, what more do you want? The pregnancy hormone would not remain in your system for a month after a miscarriage....I would say you are likely pregnant. Did you have sex right before your gallbladder surgery? It's possible that if you got pregnant a couple days before your surgery that your levels wouldn't show "pregnant" yet on a blood test. Plus, they generally do screenings for that more than a few days before the surgery. If you had a miscarriage but not everything was "expelled" then maybe your body could still be producing the hormone but then you would think it would show up on the screening for the gallbladder surgery. I think you are pregnant though!
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Why would ask here before consulting your OB? CALL YOUR DOCTOR FOR PETE'S SAKE!
    Anonymous

• Actually, if you miscarried a month ago the hormone would not be in your body still. So, I would say you are pregnant then
    Anonymous

• AND IF YOU CAN'T SEE DOCTOR GO TO THE E.R.!
    Anonymous

• Just because all that was going on. Doesn't stop you from having sex and getting pregnant.Especially if your not on any birth control.

Answer by louise2 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes...false positive is unlikely...possible but unlikely.
    Anonymous

• Well, I don't know of too many things that can give a false positive on a pregnancy test. There are some medications (very few) that can give a false positive. Since you had gallbladder surgery 3 weeks ago normally part of the blood screening includes a pregnancy test...they would have never done the surgery if you were pregnant. So, if that's the case then it seems like 2-3 weeks would be a really short time to have a positive preg. test. Very confusing.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• your body needs 10months to get "unpregnant" again after giving birth... your whole cycle is messed up. but i have to agree with fist answer... how do you even know if you have been pregnangt and miscarried?! how about you got hurt when the accident happened and thats why you were bleeding?! ever thought about something like that?!

i just cant believe people not going to a doctor when they "think" they are pregnant, then not going to the ER after a car accident.

thats common sense. go to your OB
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• just read you dont have an OB... which is totally strange... EVERY woman should have an OB especially when they were pregnant and gave birth not that long ago.. and even more when they think they are pregnant. all this is totally confusing.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• If you did miscarry a month ago you could still get a positive pregnancy test. It just depends on how high your HCG levels were at the time you got pregnant and how quickly they go done. And if you had a miscarriage and didn't get rid of all the tissue you would still get a positive home pregnancy test. That is why doctors monitors your hcg levels after a miscarriage. I am glad you are going to the doctor. I am surprised however that they didn't send you for a blood test right away because that is what they did with me when I had a positive home pregnancy test and was bleeding.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008