Would a blood test to see if you are ovulating be the same as testing your thyroids?

I had my blood taken before to find out that I was not ovulating, I took provera and clomid to get preggo with my daughter. I am now with a new dr and I haven't gotten my period for three months so she will be checking my blood work next week to see if I am ovulating and she also mentioned she wanted to check my thyroids... my question is, would this be the same test? I know the test to see if you are ovulating tests your hormones, but would it also test my thyroids? I am only wondering because I want to know if my old dr would have seen a problem with my thyroids when I had the test done before for my ovulation.

kveltri

Asked by kveltri at 1:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Health

• If a thyroid panel was ordered then they could get that from the same tube of blood but those are different hormones being tested than your female hormone levels.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Dr s normally run the basic test with the extra test and the thyroid test is a normal test because its one of the big hormones what control a lot of ur body but that's what my Dr normally does
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2011