What is the best cardio to do to lose weight fast?

I want to lose 20 to 30lbs and I have no clue what the best exercise would be to get results the fastest... I would assume running because it's the fastest you can move lol but idk!

kveltri

Asked by kveltri at 1:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Cardio is for CARDIO. It's not for weight loss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• run run run it burns the most!!! they have sauna bags i think they are called but its the same exact thing as a black trash bag i no it sounds funny but if you where it while running it makes you sweat more!! i actually learned this in middle school when wrestling and it actually helps!!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Anon you are so wrong. Cardio can be for weight loss but you have to hit the weight loss/fat burning zone. In order to get there you are going to have to do cardio for more than 30 min. I would recommend 50-60 min. If you are up to it. In the beginning you don't have to run fast. Just get your heart pumping. If you don't like running you can bike or even swim which provides a total workout. Don't forget to lift weights too. That is actually key because they tone the muscles and it burns more calories.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 2:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• anon wrong cardio is a weight loss but if you have a wii i do wii fit or zumba i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive lost 80 220 that had good luck
    britt2thabrat

Answer by britt2thabrat at 2:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Anonymous, cardio raises your heart rate and burns a lot of calories. I have a heart rate monitor and I burn around 100-150 calories per every 10 minutes depending on how hard I push myself, so in an hour I at least burn 600-800 calories. If you go to a professional, they will definitely have you doing cardio for weight loss, along with strength training.
    Cardio I love to do is plyometrics, HIIT, and various cardio videos. You can find a great selection at your local Wal-Mart.
    Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 4:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Are you going to a gym? You can use any of the machines-bikes, treadmill, elliptical, and stair stepper. I'd rotate so you don't get tired of the same thing. You can also do some classes if your gym offers any spin or aerobics, zumba, kickboxing, etc. Cardio def 45-60min and I warm up at steady pace for about 5-10min then I do intervals. That's proven to get results faster because you're increasing your heartrate. But it's a good idea to do weights as well. Muscle eats fat. You can't get big and bulky unless you're taking steroids. Eating healthy plays a roll in this as well. If you're doing this at home videos or running would be good.
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 7:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• LOL at anon, sounds like you don't even know what cardio is!  Cardio 101

OP, the best cardio depends on you.  You do need your heart rate to get up and stay up, you also need to update your diet and eat metabolism boosting foods to help with the calorie burn from the cardio.  You can walk, log, do DVD's at home, use equipment like an elliptical or treadmill.

I use Insanity, it uses what they call "Max Interval Training" which is basically instead of going at a slow pace with short bursts of maximum effort you do long bursts of maximum effort with short 30 second breaks.  It'a a touch workout, but i've lost 11 pound and 27 inches so far.  LOVE it. 

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Zumba!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011