My daughter is 33in tall and 22lbs, she will be 2 in September.

Does this sound way off? Her pedi sounds really baffled and I just had a weight check today and they sent me home with all this stuff to get a urine and stool sample from her and they want her to go get some blood taken too. I don't know what to think of this, she is totally healthy and she had always been big for her age, when she was 1 1/2 people thought she was 2-2 1/2. She has not gained much since her 15 month check up, but she is still growing. She has never been a great eater, but I give her pediasure and vitamine and mineral supplements also. She can't drink milk because it constipates her and makes her tummy hurt, however her favorite foods are other dairy stuff like cheese and yogurt, but she also likes breads and grains. I just don't know how to feel about getting all these samples... any advice?

kveltri

Asked by kveltri at 2:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I am not sure how much a baby suppose to weigh i know my baby is 12 months and he is weighing 25lbs and the doctors have not told me he is overweight but every baby is different.
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 2:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Sounds find to me. My son, who will be 2 next month is 21 pounds, and is 32 inches tall. Although my kids "run small" he's healthy and our natural path isn't concerned about it. I would go with your instinct, don't let Dr's put her through test unless you yourself are concerned or notice she's stopped growing all together. Use your mommy instincts:-)
    Organicmommyof4

Answer by Organicmommyof4 at 2:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Sounds fine to me. My son is big too, most people are shocked when they find out how old he is, they think he's a lot older then that. As long as she's healthy I wouldn't worry too much.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• kids grow the least between ages 1-3 my daughter is 15 moths and is only in the 10% in her weight but shes 60% in her height and she is completely healthy she was 7 pounds 7 ounces when she was born and she was bigger than they thought she was going to be because i only gained 14 pounds when i was pregnant but me n the baby were healthy the entire time and i at all the time!! you know when there is something wrong with your kid and if you dont sense anything i wouldnt worry im sure she is healthy just because shes not 50 pounds lol!!! my daughter looks small but thats bc these other kids are like sumo wrestlers compared to her lol!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My daughter is 5, 1.20 cm and 30 kilos, she is bigger and taller then the kids in her class, she is healthy but i hope her puppyfat will go away soon!
    kea1313

Answer by kea1313 at 2:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i would do the test just in case but that is just me. i just went to the dr with my dd and she has not gained much from her last visit and she is 27months and 32lbs. and she is 36inches(measured her on my own). she is very tall for her age but yours seems very tall and skinny. but toddler are funny like that. there could be days that she just does not eat and others she eats alot more. but i would ask alot more questions before presuing the tests. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 4:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My son is the opposite. He measured 30 inches tall and 23 pounds at his 1 year checkup. The nurse checked his height twice, then doc checked it again when he came in. Every kid is different. My brother's son was 25 inches at 1 year, but he weighed 25 pounds. He was ROUND :) He hit a growth spurt soon after and grew 3 inches in a few months, and he is now 6 and perfectly proportioned in every way.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Your daughter's size sounds just like my youngest son's size, he will be two in October. At his 18 month appointment in April he was 32 inches tall and 23 pounds, and I'm pretty sure he hasn't gained ounce sine then! He eats like a pig, but he is VERY active, constantly on the go. Everyone also thinks he is already 2 (have for months) because of his height. I think your daughter's size sounds perfect.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• She seems petite and perfectly normal. What's with the fascination by people and health care professionals to plump up our children - yet on the other hand they blast kids for being overweight. Idiocy.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 9:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I don't know why they would be freaking out my youngest won't be two till next April and he is 24.5 lbs and 32 inches tall. Wic and his ped both just said "tall boy!!".
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2011