Money....

Okay so me and my SO had it out last night over money. He says I don't help with rent, I say listen, I pay for our TV, internet, my own vehicle, insurance, cell phone, house phone, I put gas in my vehicle every 2 days (NO JOKE) because we ALWAYS take my car! I clean, do his laundry, cook, make his lunch for work every morning, take care of our baby (he is NO help in that department what so ever) I buy diapers, formula, bottles, clothes for the baby ect. I haven't bought myself anything in about a year now! The girls at work tease me because my clothes are to big for me, but I cant afford new ones! So he tells me I don't help out enough! How would you feel? I feel I do plenty to help money wise, I also feel I earn my keep around there!!! Anybody else in this situation? Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Forget him. Sounds like your perfectly capable if you needed to be on your own. If he's struggling with his half of the bills and you do all of that on your own sounds like he'd be in for a rude awakening if you left and he waas forced to pay his on his own. Let him know that.
    Anonymous

• Numbers never lie, I would show him what you spend monthly compared to the single rent bill.
    Anonymous

• Thing is he owns a big old Jacked up truck, motor cycle, four wheeler, and buys video games and dvds constantly!!!!!!!!! Its not that he doesn't have money cause he makes a heck of alot more than I do!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Why are you with him? Was he like this before you had the baby?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• try writing out what you spend and don't show him until he makes his list of what he pays for and what he does around the house to help. then bring together to compare. men have to see it to believe it. still numbers don't lie and you can say hey you should pay more you cause you have more money and it's our child. i would also keep tract of when he takes my car and then ask him for gas money. my mother married someone rich but he doesn't pay for anything of hers. then he came to her to pay for half he gas bill and she said well then i need you to pay for this. i would divide up what your bills are and his bills and you just pay for yours and he pays for his. no car lenting and then you share the baby cost. like you buy stuff for baby have him pay you half. also pay half the rent is wrong but he will see its stupid just like my step dad did. i know doesn't seem fair. charge him for the work you do around the house too.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• No he wasn't like this before the baby was born! Why do you think he is now?????
    Anonymous

• yeah me too, i pay billsm he pays for houses and car and says the cars are his, loser!
    Anonymous