Why are people so shallow

i was in walmart today and there was a over sized lady cryin so i had stoped and asked her if she was ok she said yes just her feelings was hurt pretty bad i asked why she said there was some skinny girls makeing fun of what she had on witch was shorts and a tank and she had a great tan she looked very pretty but she said the skinny girls was laughing and pointing at her saying fat girls shouldnt look like that and asked her why did she even have a tan people dont care what fat people look like i dont understand why people are like this we come in all shapes and sizes

britt2thabrat

Asked by britt2thabrat at 2:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Ego.
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Not real happy with themselves.
    tarameigs

Answer by tarameigs at 3:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• not being raised right
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• this actually happened? that's horrible
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• that sucks but I am a plus sized lady also and get teased, laughed and pointed at all the time and the remarks....don't even get me started on them, I don't understand it either and it does hurt but I also remind myself that what goes around comes around and I believe in karma also; I would never ever make fun of anyone no matter their shape size age gender or anything but there are alot of people that believe if you are "plus" size that you don't belong some places and that all you ever do is eat and that is why you are plus sized which isn't true. It breaks my heart that people have to be so shallow but there are alot like this out there; if it would have been me I would have went over and hugged her
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Did you see my thread on this a while ago about my sister? Why do people treat people like that? It makes me sooo angry. Just because you are skinny doesn't make you better than them. I would like to think that people I come in contact with go away feeling better about themselves not worse- shouldn't this be the goal of everyone??????
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 9:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i can't believe some people are so rude and raised so wrong! sure, i may THINK something, but i would never voice my thought or ever dare to speak it to the person. good gravy. who is raising these kids? (and yes, i realize the might not have been 'kids'...i know full grown women could be capable of doing this, also.)
    my momma used to say, ''they'll get theirs..someday.''
    to which i always said, ''BUT I WANNA SEE IT HAPPEN!!"
    lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Those girls were definitely overly mean.. But I've seen oversized girls.. & skinny girls as well in booty shorts & thongs hanging out.. Damn..that combo just shouldn't be worn by anyone!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• ignorance
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• How sad. I'm a big girl and ppl look at me different sometimes but to my face ppl don't make fun of me for my weight. I'm a good looking plus sized girl with bitchy eyes lol maybe I put off this I'll bite your head off if you talk crap to me vibe. I would of cried in private. Not that she was wrong for crying in the store but I wouldn't let them see it got to me. It sucks that girls are like this. I strive to teach my kids manners and respect for ppl of all sizes and colors. Guess their parents didn't teach them that. They will probably be fat one day. That will teach them lol
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2011