How did you get your child to stay in a toddler bed

im haveing problems with my 17 month old to stay in a toddlers bed how did you get yours to stay

britt2thabrat

Asked by britt2thabrat at 2:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Didn't. We co-sleep. :P
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• my DD is only 5 months.. but heres a bump! good luck!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• The guard rail helps but I used the Supernanny method. Have a strong regular bedtime routine. When she gets out, don't say anything to her, just place her back into the bed. She only does it 1-2 times a night and then not at all. It may work for you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Never had this issue. Again my daughter was in a twin bed by age of 1. If she got out of bed I just put her back in bed and told her its bed time.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I used to think that my son would be afraid of the dark if there was no night light on at night. I always had one on just incase he woke up, and I had to check on him. (in his room, or the hall way)
    The thing is, that the light was keeping him up, and actually made him notice/see that he was in a different bed (toddler bed).
    Make shure that there is a side bord to keep them on the bed, and just put them to sleep as you would if they were still in the crib. -Just turn off all the lights so it is pitch black in the room. It worked for me.
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2011