How do i break him

my 17 month old only gets a bottle at night and sippy threw the day but if i give him a sippy at night b4 bed he screams and crys how do i get him to take the sippy instead or is he to young to be broke from it like this

britt2thabrat

Asked by britt2thabrat at 2:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He's so little still, I'd give him the bottle if it's that important to him. I believe in parenting with kindness, it pays off in the long run.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:35 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I can't offer anything but a bump.. hope you get what you need
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Wish I could help to but my daughter stopped getting a bottle at the age of 1 and she never got a sippy cup right before bed. And when I say age 1 I mean like a week after she turned 1. Once the last can of formula was gone so were the bottles.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• my daughter was the same way and i just had to take it away from her, and let her cry it out and would just offer her the sippy cup after a botu a week she was just fine with it.. try a soft silocone nipple on the sippy cup like from nubby or munchin they are soft like the bottle but are sippy cups and they are easier to transisiton
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011