Breastfeeding Mamas....Do you find that its hard to get alot of milk out when you pump?

I spent $300 on this pump and its friggin worthless...

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 6:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, that is the best pump out there that is not a hospital pump.
    Most likely, your body is just not responding good to the pump. With my first, I had issues like that. So with my second, since I had to go back to work at 8 weeks, I started pumping around week three. This time around, everything worked fine.
    Try thinking about your baby, and imagine her nursing. Also try breast compressions.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes, I have a $300 pump my SIL gave me and I pump like 2-3 times a day. I only get a total of like 2 1/2-3 oz total every time I pump. Yes, it sucks, but I'm not too concerned yet 'cause that's only about how much my baby eats at a time anyways. She is only 3 weeks old, so I hope the longer I keep pumping, the more I'll get and the older she gets, where she will eat more, the more milk I'll get too. GL
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:35 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Pumps will never get as much as your baby does, but I found it to be helpful whe I was nursing him on one side and pumping the other simultaneously. It wasn't easy- we only have 2 hands- but I got much more milk. And then I switched sides so he could "finish" the side I pumped
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:40 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My daughter is 5 months and she gets plenty of milk.. but now that I have a "good" pump I don't get nearly as much milk as I used to when I pumped.. I have the Medela Pump in Style.. is this pump notorious for being a POS?
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2011