? about work from home jobs? ***not looking for one just wondering how they work**

What kind of places let you work and keep your kids at home? What are you doing that the kids can be there to distract you from what you are working on?

I work at home, but I cannot keep my kids b/c of the production standards of the company I work for, I would never meet the production if the kids were her all day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• I work for another insurance company , I am a customer service rep.. My mom comes here and watches my daughter for me ..:)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 6:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• not another I meant to say "an" insurance company lol
    Emmajosmommy

• I would suggest having a Mother's Helper come for an hour or two a day. And if your kids are younger perhaps work when they are napping....or later in the day when DH gets home and can watch them
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I don't have a job at home. They required silence for the legit ones and with two kids, that would never happen. For my business, I tell my team and customers that I have kids and work from home and they all understand. I do my work when I can. Normally maybe 2 hours a week but I am at the point of returning customers and random calls for products now.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 12:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Well, I think that's about the same with all of them, unless you start your own business. LOL! Most companies that hire for telecommuting, such as Alpine Access, Convergys, etc... all require that you have a quiet environment, it's only logical. There are however, other alternatives. If you can come up with something creative, which is the key by the way, because it's your business, you could do what you want with the kids. I've always found that eBay is the best because you can work on that when the kids are asleep or at school.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My spouse and I both have home based businesses. We work around our daughter's schedule

Answer by rkoloms at 6:13 AM on Jun. 18, 2011