Switching planes

Has anybody ever switched planes in newark,NJ? Is it bad? Someone told me the airport is huge and that is one of the worst places:( I fly out at 6 a.m. tomorrow and than switch planes in newark at 7:07 a.m. to go to kc.

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 7:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Travel

• Getting to a connecting flight is never fun! I have never flown through Newark, but you could look up the airport map online. I always do that before flying. Not that you will know where your gates will be, but you can get more of an idea. How long is your layover?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• my layover is 1hr and 23 min.
    proudmom34

Comment by proudmom34 (original poster) at 7:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Are you on the same airline for each flight? Do you have kids with you? All this can effect how well the layover will go. Depending on what terminal you land in and what you leave from is a huge factor!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• That's a good lay over amount and you should not be too rushed. But it's a good idea to look at the airport map and familiarize yourself with the gates for your airline. They usually are clustered together, but sometimes a walk. Even if you have been told a certain gate, look at the departure boards as soon as you get off the first flight to see where you have to be for the second. I've had gates switched at the last minute and it can get confusing. And ask for help if you need it. You'll do great!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If you have kids with you and need help ask for a ride on the cart that drives around inside with the flashing light. 1 hr and 23 minutes should be fine.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I usually don't feel rushed unless it's under an hour.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011