what do i expect when i go to my first doc. app. after finding out im prego?

shawwife88

Asked by shawwife88 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They may or may not do a pap. I got mine on my second visit, but I expected it at my first.
    They do family history, medical history, blood work, they may try to hear the heartbeat but depending on how far along you are that may or may not be possible yet. they'll give you an estimated due date, and schedule your second appt!
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• usualy they get your medical history family history, blood work, pap smear and a pelvic exam which is a tad painful, they may or may not do a u/s it depends on how far along you are if your atleast 6wks they probably will cuz they will wana get a more accurate due date plus they wana make sure baby has a heartbeat. they will give you a estimated due date either based on LMP or based on the u/s depending and shedule again for a second apt 4weeks later.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• most of the middle of the pregnancy appt are just pee in a cup, blood pressure and weight and baby's heart beat. They only do internals at the first appt and the last month or so.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2008