Anyone can recommend an infant car seat that they find functional and fabulous?

We will be expecting a January baby girl. We received a convertible car seat- Maxi Cosi Priori, at our shower but subsequently realized that the car seat cannot be removed from the car and used as a carrier.

Dreamforbb

Asked by Dreamforbb at 1:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Chico
    Anonymous

• We have a Baby Trend Travel system. I like it. The only problem I've had with it is the handle. It's super hard to get it to move. I guess that could be good thing though. Congratulations by the way on your baby girl!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• We used the Baby Trend. I like it. My son is 9 months and is still using it. He is still small enough to use it. Congrats on your baby!!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 1:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I have the Chico Key Fit and I love it. unfortunately my son out grew it at four month (he's a big boy). keep the convertible seat because it will be good for when your baby is too heavy to carry in the infant carrier (you never know when that will happen!). I love the Chico key fit and everyone I know who has a baby comes up to us and says "We have the exact same seat! We love it." It's very easy to use, it's easy to install, and the buckles are easy to snap/adjust. DON'T GET ANYTHING EDDIE BAUER. Their stuff sucks!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I love the Combi Connection.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i had a graco. it worked great and it goes up to 25 lbs. the one i had came with a stoller it was pink and light grey plaid.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• keep the convertible for seat for when baby outgrows the infant carrier style but yes convertibles suck! By the time I was fed up with my convertible my son was pretty much too heavy for infant carrier style anyways and I regret it! I have heard evenflo is wonderful. I would recommend the kind where you just need to buy extra bases as extra car seats insted of the entire seat
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I had the Baby Trend Flex Locks for my twins and I loved everything except the handles. I chose them because they were ranked one of the safest at the time. I used them until my babies were nearing 20 pounds and 1 year. I really miss being able to keep them trapped while I carry in the groceries!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i have the graco snige and ride and i love it my husband picked it out. it's also the pink and grey one. she's going to be 7 months on sunday and she is still useing it.
    Davina07

Answer by Davina07 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I like Graco or Chicco.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 3:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2008