Anyone go through being on bedrest with a toddler? How did it work for you?

I have had some issues long story short I have had 3 miscarriages and 1 live birth they told me that since I have NO problems getting pregnant we just have to go through options to STAY pregnant . We go in to talk about those options in January . Right now I am thinking possible bedrest. I have a almost 2 year old and I work from home but hubby works out of the home and only gets up to 6 weeks off unpaid. I was just wondering how others that also have other kids deal with bedrest.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 1:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• It was years ago....but I was on bed rest for 5 months when I was pregnant with my twins....their older brother was only 18 months when they were born. It was hard, financially and emotionally, but my hubby took Quinten to a sitter when he left for work everyday. Then he did everything like getting meals, doing laundry, housework, etc. when he got home. I also had a sister who could come over a couple times a week to help.

Good luck...it won't be easy, but will all be worth it. I wish you the very very best!!!!
    leeceeann

Answer by leeceeann at 1:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I kept Connor in day care while I was on bed rest. I was actually in the hospital for almost 3 weeks one bed rest, that was the hardest. Do you have friends, family, etc who could come and help you as well as your hubby? What about letting your oldest stay overnight with the grandparents for a night or 2?

I agree with leeceenaa, it won't be easy but it is worth it! Best wishes!
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 13, 2008