What is the best way to hand out business cards without appearing pushy about your business? I put them in my Christmas cards last year and hand them out as contact cards, but I need to be getting more passed out everywhere I go. How can I do that without making the recipient feel as if the HAVE to buy from me? I sell Scentsy and want customers to check out my site online.

BlogWithMom

Asked by BlogWithMom at 8:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• You can do some in a passive way: leave them in bathrooms in public places, set them on counters. I leave them in the bank tube if I go through the drivethrough, in the credit card slot at the gas station. I place them on the slip when I pay at a restaurant. (I am a Pure Romance Consultant). Go into stores and ask for help and tell them you need something nice to wear to your party and they will ask you which kind. Get talking about your business (our company calls it your 30 second commercial) and then offer them a card if they would ever like more information!

Always always always get their contact information if they are willing to share because they may not call you! Maybe offer to enter them in a drawing for some free product and have them fill out a little ballot with their phone/address/email whatever they are willing to share.

I have lots more, if you are interested PM me! Loooove Scentsy!!!!
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Well you can make t-shirts at vista print or cafepress that say "I Sell Scentsy. Ask me for a FREE sample" And put a picture of a scentsy product on the shirt. You can also buy a photo tote bag or the old Mary Kay Tote bag with the catalog sized pocket...put a catalog in that and use it for your purse....if you get a photo bag you can undo the stitches to make a few of the pockets bigger. Put a catalog in there, put a sample in there and make a flyer that says the same as the shirt in there.

You can get other things from vista print as well, from postcards, hats, rack cards, lawn signs, banners, posters. Look into any local craft, flea markets or vendor fairs and get a table at them to sell and have a raffle people can sign up for. And after the event you call or e-mail every name even those that didn't win. Congratulate them on winning second place, some smaller free product.....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• ......and a percentage off their first order. Asked if they received a catalog at the event or if they'd like one delivered to them. Then once they have it call 3-4 days later and ask for the sale.

When I was with Avon I couldn't find any local vendor fairs so I started one. I contacted reps with other direct selling companies, found a hall and used the money per table the reps paid to pay for the hall and advertising. The hall was allowed to hold a bake sale and have a table for free and I had over 30 vendors sign up and it was a huge hit. On a smaller scale, contact other reps and see if they'd like to take turns hosting Ladies Night Parties where you all go to another reps house, do a mini presentation to their customers/friends/family and all get sales...then a month later do it at your house or another reps.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You need to find a networking group in your area or a business to partner up with.

For example...find a small locally owned auto repair shop. Make a deal with them if they give out your monthly sales flyer with your business card attached to all their customer (they can leave it in their car when they finish working on it) you will give their customers 10% off their first order as a thank you for doing business with them. You could even print up a special flyer that might say "Tom's Auto Customer Thank You 10% OFF". It's a win/win.

You can do this with any small business in your area. Also you may want to think of an extra bonus if someone books a show....Hope this helps.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Well since we cannot do specials unless face to face, you won't be able to so the cards. But get the show off bag and be conscious of who can see it. Make random conversations with people. Do craft fairs. I've been doing Scentsy for getting to 8 months now and almost a director.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 12:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes, public restrooms, on changing stations, in nursing stations, on gas pumps... if you know of anyone that operates a kiosk business at the mall, ask them to hand them out in their shopping bags... we do that all the time! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I would be offended if there was a business card in a greeting card.

What kind of networking do you do?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Jun. 18, 2011