how do i mix the cereal with jarred fruit?

Im in europe and things are a bit different here..i mix 3 spoons of cereal with the 6.5oz of formula and its very very watery but i give it to him thru a bottle. i want to mix the cereal with fruit since he is almost 7 months..so do i just place 3 scoops of the flaky cereal into the jar of fruit..im really confused..please help?

lipa

Asked by lipa at 8:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You really shouldn't give cereal in a bottle, only with a spoon. I always mixed my cereal in a bowl and then added the fruit to that.

Answer by missanc at 8:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• well I mix 2 tablespoons of cereal with about 1-2 tablespoons of breastmilk/formula and then add some fruit ! mix it in!! hope this helps mama!!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• and yes my answer is in a bowl with a spoon not a bottle! hope this helps!!!
    Emmajosmommy

• thank you sooo much..this helps alot, my pedi advised me to add cereal with the formula in the bottle a month ago but i just started using a bowl with the cereal. I know its probably a simple thing to do..but im a first time mom..kinda nervous..moved to europe from canada soo its kind of tough..thank you so much again for the answers.
    lipa

Comment by lipa (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• oh no problem!! good luck!! feeding with a spoon is soo much fun!! (c:<
    enjoy!!!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You use a little bowl. Then you mix the cereal, then you add some of the fruit from the jar......simple.
    I wouldn't ever mix cereal with milk in a bottle.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You don't need to mix cereal in it. You can just feed it as is. And solids, including cereal, should always be either fed via spoon or self fed, never in a bottle. At his age, you can just cut up small soft pieces of fruit (bake or steam anything that's not naturally soft) and let him feed himself, same with veggies.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• thanks everyone for the helpful advice..have so many more questions but won't bother people..thanks again ;)
    lipa

Comment by lipa (original poster) at 2:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2011