I write a mom blog and am trying to host giveaways on my site. Here's the problem, my readers aren't commenting people! Comments are necessary to register for the giveaways. Here's an example of one of my contests: I am giving away a Scentsy Scent Circle, but you have to leave two comments on my site to enter. What do I need to do to drive more interaction? Companies have started requesting to give away items on my site. I need to boost up interaction. Any ideas?

BlogWithMom

Asked by BlogWithMom at 8:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• My first reaction would be to make sure your commenting system is working properly. Also make sure your readers aren't being asked for too much information that they may not want to reveal.

Then, check out blogs like DealSeekingMom or TheFreebieBlogger who host Giveaway Days where you can advertise your sweepstakes and get more comments.
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 10:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Hmm, here's my two cents worth though I am no expert at this. To understand this better, I need to ask you
    a) You said 'Comments are necessary' - it is sometimes easier to get people to click a button than write something, is that something u can explore.
    b) What pages are your readers visiting most? Can you link that to the contest page?
    Hope this helps
    Am07

Answer by Am07 at 8:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Ladies, How is she advertising her business/blog if she doesn't even mention the name of her business or blog? She is asking for suggestions.

OP, can you send me a link to one of your contests so I can take a look at it and offer helpful suggestions?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Have you thought about using Twitter and Facebook to try and drive the traffic to your site? Also, I am starting to see other Blogs that let you leave your giveaways and a link to as well. Social networking is the key. There are several blogging groups here at Cafemom and you can start by checking through those.

I think it's a great idea and your question in no way is advertising....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• She didn't post the link, so she can't be kicked off.
    Whatever you are writing must be interesting enough to inspire responses!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I don't even know what the hell you are saying.. are you soliciting your webpage to us?
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No advertising.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2011