Must haves for 1-2 year old

My son's 1 yr birthday is 12/21 and we also celebrate Christmas. What are some 'must have' things for a toddler between 1-2 years old? Family members are asking for gift ideas and frankly, I think we already have everything we need but this is my first. We have all the bedding, clothing and toys we could dream of. . Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Thats really tough. I never know what to tell the family either when they ask what our daughter could need.
    My grandma asked what to buy our girl for christmas and birthday. And since she has everything already she said she will give us the money and we can decide what we get her.

But...
    You can not have enough books, thats for sure and different educational toys... a big party and a HUGE cake :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• start a college fund
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 1:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Toys that promote creative play are great: wooden blocks, vehicles (that don't light up or make sound), a kitchen set, books.....
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I second the books and the college fund!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 1:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• does he have a table and chair set? that way he can color or read. i still need to get my daughter one and she turned 2.
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• will you have left out the toys and have family member buy the toys

yea i will say college fund
    if he has everything you got him tell your family to give you gift card
    and just the present you got just put your family member on it then they don't have to buy present jut give you the cash or gift card so you can shop summer

mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• a slide/climber
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 2:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My son just turn 1 on dec 3 and I made a list in oct for everyone so they know what to get him but i also made everyone a list for christmas too. What I put on my son's list was ride on toys., blocks, books, dvd's, fisher price little people, tonka trucks.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• We asked for Wal-mart gift cards or bath stuff.. you can never have too many of either of those!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• toy wise...my son loves the sit and spin zebra! he's 17 months. as far as people asking you what to get for your child....tell them to buy a favorite book and write something inside. or you could mention that you just started a savings fund. or you could point blank tell them that you have everything you NEED so just buy whatever you think he would like!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2008