What is the dress code at your job?

I work for County Govt and once the dress code said casual, but still professional. Tattoos could not be seen, skirts/dresses had to be past the knee even when sitting.

Than it changed, skirts/dresses had no length, but still no tattoos visible.

We get an email the other day stating we should be dressed like we will meet the County Admin or Governor any minute.

Now no flip flops, (rubber ones), visible tattoos are fine, tops, whether long or short over leggings are not allowed.

If the County Admin or Governor was to show up they would not know if we were Dept of Family Services or KFC cause we see more breasts, legs and thighs than we do casual and still professional dress.

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am in the military....so camo..
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm a waitress at 2 different restaurants. At one place, the dress is jeans and a black polo style shirt. At the second place, it's jeans or black or khaki pants, and any style black shirt. On days I work both places, I wear the same jeans and polo shirt. On the days I only work the 2nd place, I like to wear the all black and the shirt with a little sparkle. Or a tie. It's a more professional restaurant and it makes me look more professional.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• On Wall Street I worked for a firm that did not even allow open toe shoes, and they wanted pantyhose.Skirt length, omg I felt like I was in catholic school and the principal would take out her ruler to take measurements to make sure it was up to caode. They have it easy now...
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• At the hotel where I work, I'm required to wear black pants, light gray polo shirt closed toe shoes, preferably sneakers, and my name badge. In the summer, I can wear capris or shorts as long as they are knee length. I work in the housekeeping dept. When I do elder care, I don't have a required uniform. Usually, I wear knee length shorts and a polo shirt or crew neck tshirt.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• pjs. i work from home lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• The dress code is business casual. I manage a small law firm, so we need to be presentable to clients at any time. As we are a small firm, we are pretty tight-knit and don't really have any dress code issues here. I generally wear dress pants and blouses, sometimes collared polo shirts if I have no appointments that day. The legal field is definitely one of the more conservative fields. I feel that the way I present myself represents my firm, and I want our clients to know they are working with a prefessional staff so they have full confidence in our abilities.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 9:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Ours is sort of business casual to casual. We don't really have a written dress code.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• no work form , coverals and safety shoes lollll and when meeting jeans and old t-shirt ... work on field
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 9:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I work for a school district. The dress code was pretty much business casual except on Fridays when it was jeans and t-shirts/sweatshirts sneakers.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I wear a lot of dresses. Esp sun dresses with shrugs.

I have no clue on actual policy but I work for the state of AR.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2011