If you told someone of the opposite sex that the reason why he talks to you is because he is estranged from his familyand that he should try to make contact make it look like that I no longer want to talk and be friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• It does sort of sound that way. "You're only talking to me because you're not in touch with your family. You should contact them.' The "instead of me" is kind of implied.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 8:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• meaning that he thinks I do not want to be bothered ??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Are you sure that is the reason why he is talking to you? Have you told him that you think he needs to contact his family? Is he friends with you and your husband (if you are married)?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No, It isn't. He started talking to me when my father passed away. He is not friends with my husband and that is why I am hesitant about continuing talking to him. Should I clarify with this person or not?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes just be very clear about what you are helping him with, if the conversations turn into anything more,, like what are you wearing,, or start to get weird,, I would lay low,, How often do you talk,, Once a month or so, he may just be seeking help from you --you might be a voice of reason, all the time he is wanting to talk,, you have something more going on (or he wants more).. Be careful and tread lightly.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:32 AM on Jun. 17, 2011