How did you end up getting your pet?

We got our cat Noel from the pound at Christmas time.

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 8:48 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pets

• We've also got a cat Noel - we got her from a shelter, but in October (she came with the name). Our dog is a shelter animal, too.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:57 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Pepper Jack Johnny & Colby Jack Milo are from the APL

And Doug, our new St. Berdoodle puppy is from a rescue. He was posted on Craigslist.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We adopted both of our cats as adults (as well as our previous cat). The first two were from the pound but at a store and the other was through a rescue agency.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• we got two of our cats from a family friend as kittens and my cat I was looking at the pet store and saw this crazy cross eyed little kitty who stole my heart!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• we got our dog at www.potcakeplace.com We wanted a rescue dog but with small children and all the shelters/rescue/pounds in our area had older dogs with recommendations of going to a quiet child free home so we found this on line adoption place and saved our pup.
    Our cats we got one from a farm and one from an ad on kijiji
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We were walking through the flea market looking for an orange cat. Then we came upon this guy selling dogs complete with fleas. It was over 100 degrees outside and the poor dogs had no water. So we paid $60 and took a dog home. My hubby chose him. I wanted a girl.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:54 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have so many (I have a small farm and they are all my pets) but I'll tell you about the latest ones. I was at the bank yesterday and the lady behind me started talking to me. She told me that a woman at work gave her these cats to take to the pound but she didn't know if they would take them. I said that was sad and if I knew anyone that could take them that I would help her. She thought I said that I could help her and take them. I didn't know what to say after the mix up, so I know have a momma cat and two kittens and two older kittens not from the same litter. And here I was hoping for a new pen since the bank changed names. LOL
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• we adopted our dog when he was 3yrs old. from a neighbor,since she was moving into an appartment.And no dogs were allowed. She knew my kids were in love with her dog and asked us if we wanted him.and thats how we got our pet.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• All of mine are rescues ....

Bud and B-Ball (cats) were rescues in more ways than one ... My beloved Acie had died and my other two cats were not in good health. I swore I wouldn't have another one. Hubby sort of insisted I bring in the older red/white kitten and the tiny white kitten in the house and adopt them. They are brothers just different litters.

Pepper (dog) was found on Craig's List ... she was at a rescue that couldn't keep her so we went after her. Hubby had her spoiled before we got home. She road the entire trip back home on his lap.

Luckie (cat) was a true life or death rescue. I found her in the middle of the road after someone had run over her. Two or three cars in front of me just drove on passed her. I saw her move, slammed on my brakes, back up and picked her up. Called my hubby and told him to get the carrier ready, I was bringing home a new baby.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Our outdoor cat refused to move with the previous owners of the house. In fact, he stayed with the empty house for over a year. Our indoor cat was the offspring of a stray who decided to have her kittens in our backyard. He's the only one of 6 that survived and hubby said we could keep him. Our fish are from my preschool classroom (who knew Betas lived so long?) and our turtle is my daughter's boyfriends that his mom wanted out of her house (and I LOVE turtles).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2011