Another Laundry question

does your DH/SO put laundry in the washer and start it and then forget to put it into the dryer and it sits in the washer overnight?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My husband hasn't done laundry in over a decade, he had to run a load while I was in the hospital after our second daughter was born because he was out of underwear. On the other hand, my older daughter is constantly doing this. )c: I get washing machine cleaner and run it through a cleaning cycle after the clothes are left in over night and then re-wash the clothes. Borax works great to remove the musty odor left in the clothes.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My husband doesn't go near the laundry room. I can get possessive, lol. For this and other 'he may ruin something' reasons.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• laundry is my domaine I repeadly asked dh to stop touching it and let that be mine! lol my happy place, no kid zone and no dh zone, kinda my woman cave, lol
    But I will leave a load in over night occasionally. It's usually fine, but some times I'll run it through again.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Not a problem at my house. Hubby doesn't know how to start the washer!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i think mine he dsn't even know where the laundry is lolllllll
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 9:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No, he doesnt' do laundry.
    But I have done this. I always think I could get laundry done during the week, but alas, my schedule is not very conducive to that.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• He will throw everything into the washer without seprating them,, Is it a big deal to leave laundry in overnight? I sometimes start the washer at bed time, and then change it over in the morning,,,IDK
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No, he's really good about laundry with 1 exception. He was in the Navy & was trained to wash EVERYTHING in hot! It has taken me 4 years to retrain him to use warm & cold, as well. LOL. However, I can't seem to train him to let me do his laundry. Sadly, his ex-w never did laundry (or any other household duties for that matter). And, old habits die hard sometimes. He says that I work hard (unlike his ex) to keep the household running smoothly & his laundry is the least he can do to help. Awwwww, isn't he sweet? Heehee.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:32 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No, I'm the one that does that!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My husband is really great with the laundry. He does all the food shopping too. I think that there have been times we have both been guilty of forgettinng a load in the washer. I just throw some baking soda in there, rinse it again, and then throw it in the dryer. Works fine for me every time. But yeah, that's a real bummer, finding that stale load in the washer!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2011