Keeping Baby Warm?

My son will be 10 months old in 4 days. I want to get out and continue to walk, but it is cold here in Ohio. When I put him in a baby carrier, how can I keep him warm? I saw that there are the covers that sometimes go over carriers like the Snugli. Is he too big for something like this? With his coat on, he is too big to fit in a carrier. Any ideas? Thanks ladies. :-)

TeaAndrews

Asked by TeaAndrews at 1:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Typically the rule of thumb is that you put the same amount of clothes/jackets/coats/etc. on your child that you'd put on yourself. There's no need to overdress them in the winter. Cover head and hands and feet and whatever type clothes you'd wear (if you weren't going to get heated up from exercise) and he should be fine.
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• After I had my first baby I bought a treadmill for $400.00 and it was one of the best purchases I have ever made. When I get bored with it I usually go to the mall early and take my walks there. Also, some schools will open there doors to the general public during various hours and let you use there tracks.
    Anonymous

• Is the carrier attached to a stroller? I'd say bundle him up best you can, then put a blanket over the carrier so the cold air doesn't blow in.
    Anonymous

• We have (since our daughter was born) a foot bag (acutally whole body "bag") its with wool inside. She could sit in there naked and wouldnt get cold.

I got ours from ebay for 40bucks and its def. worth it. Those are big, but they will last forever and we used it since our girl was 5 or 6 months old. Ours is with 6-8 different wholes so you can buckle the baby/toddler up with the orig. buggy/stroller belts.

Here check this out:
    http://www.preisvergleich.org/pimages/Kaiser-Lammfell-Fusssack-Duo_17__05540_60.jpg

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• as long as it's above 40 degrees, and not too windy, a coat and hat should be fine for some fresh air time. I live in Ohio too. this was one of my first ever questions to the pediatrician. kids don't get sick from the cold, they get sick from being stuck indoors all winter. make sure his ears are covered, and get outside! we all need to get out for a little while each day. (i know how bad it gets here, but as long as it's not a blizzard, we go out!)
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 4:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008