Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should ask my doctor if i can go in the day before my due date and get the antibiotics for GBS then or is it ok to wait. This is my first full term non misscarraige and im scared

Answer Question

Asked by lovinganother at 1:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • My doctor allowed me to because she knew I would progress quickly, which I did. You can talk to to your doc and see what they say. I don't think there would be anything wrong with doing that. most first time pregnancies don't go all that quickly so they might tell you to just wait but if you are scared then you need to tell them how you feel. Since your full tem them shouldn't have a problem with it. Good Luck and Congrats on your new baby!

    Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

  • the antibiotics only need to be in ur system for i think its 4 hours before the baby comes out, so u will be fine to wait until u r actually in labor. u might not go into labor on ur due date, and in that case the antibiotics would be useless. u dont want to take them too early and have them not be effective when the baby comes out

    Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.