WHY is the Universe picking on me!? OMG enough already!

So, I loose my job a few months ago with no luck in replacing it. Our house has been in the foreclosure process for a over a year now with no luck with modifications- now we don't even qualify, I have been working my ass off figuring out where we are going to live. DH has been working his ass off figuring out a higher paying job. WE finally sucked it up and applied for food stamps which are taking forever to actually start NOW my car has died. This puts me and the kids stuck int he house all summer long and my DS having to quit his therapeutic horse back riding. I mean, what else. I know things can always get worse and THAT right there is what scares me. It *can* get worse. Not having a car also pretty much rules out me EVER getting a job at this point since DH is retail and his schedule is erratic. Unless I get a night job , which I have applied for already... I am just at my witts end here. I don;t know how to help us anymore. trying doesn't seem to be enough. Praying doesn't seem to be enough. Staying positive doesn't seem to be enough. There is something I am missing. Something I should be doing that I haven't done. Something I haven't looked into. There HAS to be something I've missed. Surly we aren't at the point where we have to give up yet... are we? What am I missing here?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm sorry! I understand though, financial troubles are SO STRESSFUL. It's so hard, and I know you said you don't believe it's enough, but you HAVE to continue to pray, and stay positive, and LOOK BEYOND THE TEMPORARY. Hold on tight to your family and be strong during the tough times.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Sorry you are going through that. I would help if I could. Where do you live?
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Hi there. First of all, I'm sorry all of this is happening to you at once. I feel like there is always SOMETHING, but it's that much worse when it all comes at the same time.
    Have you looked into maybe watching an additional child or two in your home this summer? If you're stuck there anyway, why not make a few extra dollars. I finished my teaching degree as Texas was laying off hundreds of teachers they already had, so no jobs for me either. I got a job as a private nanny and now I actually make more than if I had gotten a job in the public school system. I think that's sad, but that's another issue. Anyway, it's just an idea. You don't have to necessarily have like an in-home daycare, but two children might help make ends meet. I hope everything works out. I'll be praying for a great job to fall into your lap, so you don't have to worry anymore.
    frenchwhisk

Answer by frenchwhisk at 9:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We are in metro Atlanta
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• OH but Mommie, I would seriously consider picking up and moving,, have you tried short selling your house? I am so sorry, this economy is awful...Could you babysit in the daytime? I am really at a loss of what to say other than it can only go up from here!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• There are SO MANY babysitter in the area I am not sure that would actually work but I have thought of that... then if we up and have to move I am leaving another mom stranded so that has also been part of the decision...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have looked into section 8 but the waiting list are closed here. I have found one community housing with an open waiting list and we will be getting on it...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• What about sharing a home with another family?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:56 AM on Jun. 18, 2011