Employment

I am looking for work in childcare. I have 30 years experience in the field. Any help would be great.

libria662

Asked by libria662 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Maybe you should start your own go to your local government office and see what you need to get started?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• starting your own is difficult (need insurance, degree in early childhood edu).... you could become a nanny, start an in home nannying or babysitting service or just look daycares up and go find a job.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 9:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You can put a profile up at www.care.com or look into local mom groups and seeing if anyone needs a sitter or nanny. Or just keep applying at existing daycares, many do summer programs and get busier and need extra help
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My thoughts are daycare. If you do not live in PA, you could try a teachers' aide at your local school district. The pay is good and the hours are nice.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• try daycares, local school districts, after school programs, summer camps, sites like care.com, the local ihss always needs good care givers or even group homes...you might even try temp agencies they sometimes have openings for nannys/babysitters.....

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• How are you conducting your job search? Less than half of all open positions are advertised; you need to network with people in the field and industry you wish to work in. Have you had any informational interviews with people in your chosen field to learn how they found their current positions? How are you searching for advertised positions? Do you have a great resume and do you send it out with strong cover letters?
    I do career and job search coaching; please contact me if you have any questions.
    Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Hi robin sorry so long in getting back to you. I have been looking around trying to figure out what I want to do. I have a website at marciescaringhands.weebly.com and a blog at marciescaringhands.blogspot.com. Do you charge people to look at their resume. Would love to hear back from you on what you think of the work on my sites.
    libria662

Comment by libria662 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2011