we are going out of town the day before my baby girl gets her 6 months shot. and we are flying, is it best to resced. the doctor appt.or does it not matter?

im worried she could get sick easyer bc of the shots./

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would rescedule. The last thing you want on the plane is another reason for your baby to be fussy.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• im not exactly sure what ur asking, but you can get the shots later if u want..my daughter didn't get her 6 month shots till she was 7 months (but thats cuz they where booked that far out)..but anyway it didn't cause any probs and she didn't get sick.....does that answer ur question?
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 1:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i dont think getting them will make her sick. maybe a bit fussy but thats about it. if you reshedual you will be behind on getting her shots but its not that big of a deal just later downt he road she will always be abit behind but its up to you.
    Anonymous

• I would go ahead and get the shot and just give her some baby tylenol. She'll either sleep the whole way or scream her head off. And she would have done that at home anyway. I don't think a plane ride will affect anything really.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I would get the shots later. It says 6months shot, but it wont hurt her when she gets them a couple weeks later. Because you know when kids are sick (cold, flu ect.) the ped. isnt allowed to give a shot anyway, so it wont harm your little girl when she gets it a little later.

You know your daughter best, you know how she usually reacts on shots. I know that my daughter is always tired and a little bitchy after her shots, so i wouldnt want to fly with her. hehe

Just call the ped and reschedule. I dont think there would be a problem

Have a nice trip and happy holidays ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I would reschedule simply because she could have a reaction and I wouldn't want to be on a plane or away from home when it did. My son's were put off a month because he had a cold. No big deal.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Sorry, I meant SHE did. Wasn't calling your baby it. lol
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I'd reschedule for after you return from your trip.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Absolutely no question. RESCHEDULE!!! Do yourself and baby the favor of rescheduling. If she is feeling icky the last thing you want to do is take her away from her comfort zone and your comfort zone as well (that's where your doctor is) and unfortunately she will feel icky for at least a day. Also her immune system will be down while on the plane leading to more problems because we all know the plane is a breeding ground for germs. Save yourself the worry and reschedule for after your trip. This way everyone will enjoy the trip.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 6:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2008