What's it like in Virginia Beach?

Is it a place that feels safe and clean? I have never been there, but I am looking at beach locations on the East Coast for a vacation next year.

MyGiftsFromGod

Asked by MyGiftsFromGod at 9:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Travel

• The Oceanfront is not too bad. I lived there for 6 years and it is very tourist friendly.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I don't want to offend anyone, but I would look a little further south - towards NC/SC. It has been a few years since I've been to VA Beach but I found it not so nice.

Answer by missanc at 10:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Can you tell me what you didn't like about it? I remember that I didn't like Myrtle Beach as a child, and don't want to go back to some place like that.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Comment by MyGiftsFromGod (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• It was more commercial then I like, and dirty. I like clean, open beaches - like the Outer Banks of NC. I also like Holden and Sunset Beaches in NC, in SC I like Kiawah Island and Folly Beach (both are close to Charleston).

Answer by missanc at 4:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Of course I also like Myrtle, but they have cleaned it up alot, put in a brand new mile long boardwalk, torn down the old pavilion and put up the tallest ferris wheel on the east coast.

Answer by missanc at 4:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I love Mrytle beach but if you are looking for a Natural Beach then maybe you should go to Edisto Beach.
    angellove29115

Answer by angellove29115 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I have never been there but it sounds beautiful
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2011