Does everyone need to be present at the courthouse to "file" a document & open a case?

IF the papers are already signed by everyone, and notarized, can one person take it down and file it? Or does everyone have to go...?
It is a signed consent form from the mother - giving my husband and I temporary custody of a minor family member.... Its signed and notarized so I should be able to go down by myself and file correct?????? Does my husband have to be present?? The mother???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Adoption

• i believe as long as every things been done you can but to be on the safe side call your local county clerks office they can tell you for sure
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Call the clerk of the court, they will know.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No. If the document is legal (signed, notarized) it is as simple as walking in and filing a petition. Even if all parties agree, it has to be signed off on by a judge in order to be an enforceable, legal and binding contract.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2011