Father's Day is coming A little help here moms

I've got a doosie this year.
Father's day and our oldest son's birthday fall on the same day. Dh says that every year we never pay any attention to father's day plus my dad and I have recently started communicating again and I want to get him something nice.

My problem?? Dh is picky and my dad is a stuck up doc LoL

My son....he's easy. He gave me like a list of 15 things. He does that every year. He knows that there is NO way he's getting all that junk, but it helps keep my options open lol.

I really want to get dh a nice gift so i'll give you all a little background: OTR Trucker, devoted father, gamer (ps3 and 360), Gun lover, very odd somewhat morbid sense of humor (he ran over a bunny in nevada and he could NOT stop laughing), homebody.
*Can't get him gun. He still has games from 2 years ago that I bought him that he hasn't even opened yet, just doesn't have that much time. If I get him a tie he'll hang himself with it LoL (j/k), but he does not like ties. What are some good gift ideas?

My dad...Ooooooh my dad. Let's see: He's a doctor and he believes he's above it all. Whats funny is he HATES expensive things. My dad is a general surgeon and he has been staying in the EXACT same apartment since I was in 3rd grade. The "newest" vehicle he owns in a '99. He's a coupon clipper and he owns one pair of sandals that he has had since before I was born (over 26 years) and he uses gorilla glue to keep them together.
*Soooooooooooooooooooo What do I get him? LoL Any ideas ladies?

Any help you ladies have is more than appreciated!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Shopping

• Do something that speaks to him as a person and not merely something you can go purchase.

It always means more coming from the heart. Is there a special moment you might have shared with him that you can relive in a special way with him?
    Create-Sun

Answer by Create-Sun at 10:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2011