How can i keep stray cats away from my front yard?? my son is allergic to cats. alot of stray cats have been hanging around in the yard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pets

• i have the same problem in my neighborhood...i hate it. They not only hang out in my front yard but also use my flower beds as their own personal litter box...im going to be buying a cat trap and trapping them and then taking them to the middle of no where and dumping them. They are a huge pain in my ass. Id say either trap them or put out some coolant and they for sure wont be coming back lol
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes, poison the cats.

Ridiculous. My son is allergic too, doesn't mean I poison innocent animals. Call animal control.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• All the people who want to poison the cats with anitfreeze are horrible people and I hope that karma gets you back. Any animal or even a child could get into the antifreeze and become sick or die. Not a good idea. Do not catch them and dump them in the middle of nowhere either. That is why I have 10 feral cats that I have had to get fixed and now feed - because some dumb a__ dropped them in the middle of nowhere and they found my house. The others that didn't find our house starved or became food for a coyote.

Try used coffee grounds in the area they frequent. It is good for the soil and cats don't like them. Starbucks or another coffee shop can give you a big bag full.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 10:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Dont feed them coolant!!! Thats nuts.. Put up a fence or something..but coolant will kill them!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Okay..your son is allergic.. call animal control! Why in God's name would you poison animals! What if your son was allergic to people with hair.. would you poison everyone you saw??!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• What does everyone think animal control is going to do with the cats after they catch them? Really...

What do you think? Really... Not all shelters kill animals.

I'm truly disgusted by some responses. Makes me wonder what you would try to do to another person if you're willing to hurt an animal.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Oh sure...poison the cats. That's a logical solution because you hate the cats. You know...karma is a HUGE ASS BITCH and killing anything WILL come back to haunt you!
    Anonymous

• Yes, animal control very well may put the cats to sleep BUT putting an animal to sleep with a drug that just drifts them off to sleep is a whole freaking lot better than death by poison! And cats without claws (who are often the poor victims of human neglect and left to fend for themselves in the wild) WILL starve to death because they have no claws to hunt with OR they WILL become coyote chow, owl chow and any other predator chow because they have no claws to defend themselves with.
    Anonymous

• Buy a squirt bottle every time you see one spray them. Super soakers work really well. After a while they know to stay away. I would not use coolant you could get into major trouble. If your neighbors cat accidentally gets out one day and comes over and drinks the coolant and the cat dies you could be charged with animal cruelty.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? POISON CATS BECAUSE SOME ONE DUMPED A CAT AND THEY WEREN'T FIXED??? NATURE TOOK ITS COURSE!!! HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU EVEN CONSIDER KILLING AN INNOCENT ANIMAL??? YOUR SICK ON EVEN MENTIONING IT AND EVEN SICKER FOR EVEN THINKING OF DOING IT!! HOW ABOUT FEEDING YOUR CHILD THE COOLANT?? SICK TO EVEN THINK THAT RIGHT??? YES!!! HOW DARE YOU WHEN THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS!! YOUR A FRIGGIN SICKO, PSYCHO AND NEED SOME KIND OF HELP!! HOW ABOUT PUTTING UP SIGNS AROUND IN YOUR NEIGHBOR HOOD TO KEEP ON ANIMAL CONTROL TO COME HELP THESE POOR ANIMALS. YOUR A FRIGGIN SICK PERSON AND THE PERSON WHO MENTIONED IT IS EVEN SICKER!!

Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 5:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2011