• In the Spotlight:

Is labor really that BAD?

So I have had two babies and granted I had epidurals, but I didn't think it was really all that bad. I actually thought it was really easy!! How about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• of course it was easy for you, you had a epidural. try going all natural lol so yes its very very painful there further you get in labor. they come more quickly and stronger so yeah i thought it was really that bad but yet im doing it again lol.
    Anonymous

• i had an epidural too, but before i got it....OMG i thought i was going to die.
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 1:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I didn't have one and I didn't think it was all that bad.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I had a c-section :( Because of an infection i couldnt give normal birth. but i know for sure, i would rather have had a normal birth. All my friends told me how painful some of their births/labor was but i missed that "feeling" and it feel really bad about it. So i would love to know how it feels to have real labor. Only had a couple contractions during the c-section, but i didnt really feel anything and it didnt hurt... so i hope someday my hubby and i want to have a 2nd baby and then ill go all natural.. no matter what.. :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i am afraid it will hurt i never had a baby but i am pregnant now and the thought really scares me
    Anonymous

• My birth was natural. I had nothing, no drugs, no IVs, nothing. It really wasn't hard at all while it was painful it was still managable. I just used good coping techniques.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I have had 3 baby's no med. The first time I thought I would have to have counceling it was so bad, the next was quick not that bad, the third I didn't even feel like I had a baby and he was 8.12 . Your body will know what to do.
    clearemerald

Answer by clearemerald at 2:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I had my DS with no meds, and I didn't think it was that bad. But I also have a high pain tolerance and was super calm throughout my labor. I'm doing the same with the LO I'm expecting now!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 2:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I think this depends on the woman, their pain tolerance, their body make-up (for instance do they have small framed bodies, or hips), and I think it also depends on the size of the baby, how it's laying, and how dilated they were before going into labor... so many "depends on" things that I would think that for some it'd be very hard and for others it wouldn't be, but I don't knock others if they say it was horrible, nor do I think those that say it wasn't were better, I just think all woman are strong in general for having a baby and be willing to go through that much for their lil' one :-)

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My water broke at 36 1/2 weeks and then I was induced and in labor for 36 hours. I had an epirudal but it didn't work. Thankfully the pushing stage lasted 10 minutes! It was absolutely horrible! At least I know the next one should be much easier!
    Anonymous