how do you begin to potty train a 21 month girl?

She knows how to wipe herself already from watching us. she has also taken off her pull up off yesterday. When we sit her onthe potty she just laughs and stands up right away and walks away from it.

dae43123

Asked by dae43123 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you dont...at least give it another 3 months..but really, you should start at about 2 1/2 to 3 years.
    Anonymous

• She probably isn't ready. When we potty trained our son we dropped out of the program twice and on the third time he finally was ready and understood.
    Anonymous

• my daughter will be 3 in Feb. we started working with her when she was about 2, what worked with her was stickers, i had a piece of paper hung in the bathroom and everytime she went potty she got 1 to 2 stickers each time depending on what she did! then the next day we would tell her ok lets try to get more today! we just made a game out it!
    hayleesmommy06

Answer by hayleesmommy06 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Until she will sit on the potty for more than a few seconds, it's hard.
    Just because a child doesn't like to sit in a dirty diaper or pull-up doesn't mean they are ready to learn. It means they don't like sitting in a wet or dirty diaper - not that they know how it got wet or dirty in the first place.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Feel free to go to my journals and read about the 3 day potty training process. I used it with my son when he was 23 months old and it worked wonderfully for us. Let me know if you have questions. :-)
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2008