My friend is trying to go into labor, two months early!! What should I do?

My friend keeps trying to make herself go into premature labor! Her baby is estimated to only weigh 4 pounds. I don't know what to do. She done this with her first baby and had her son a month early! They had to do an emergency C-Section because the baby wasn't in position to be born. I don't know what to do. I am so scared for the baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Why is she doing this?? This is just strange to me.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Does she understand the danger that she is putting her unborn baby in?
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• tell her how dangerous it is and how selfish she is being by not giving her baby a chance to grow enough to even survive, show her some pics of premature babies online and show her how a lot of them dont make it. this is very selfish of her, why would she want to put her baby at risk? so she can get back her body? I just dont understand how someone who is a "mother" could do this.
    Anonymous

• is she retarted?? does her dr know shes doing this? does her husband know shes doing this?? i guess we can only hope the baby wont come till atleast 37wks.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You friend def. shouldnt have kids. Im really sorry, but this is amazingly retarded. She puts her baby is so much danger. There is a reason why ever doctors is trying to make women go until at least 37 weeks. which mother would want a premie baby.. on purpose? She needs help! Call her husband, tell him. also call her doctor! This women def. needs help.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• there aren't really many home remedies that actually work to bring on labor unless ur body is ready. is she doing castor oil? walking and sex and things like that dont do much so i dont think she could do much harm. u have to tell her that her baby is not ready and might not live, or will struggle to live and be in pain
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Smack her upside the head and tell her to quit being selfish. There's a REASON that we carry our babies for 40wks! Does she not get that her baby could DIE if she goes into labor that early?
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 2:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I'd report her to authorities...jmo!
    Anonymous

• She can try all she wants but unless she has pitocin at home she's not going to induce labor on her own at 32 weeks.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 2:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes her baby would benefit from staying in her longer but the survival rate of preemies born between 30-33 weeks is 95+% with 5% or less having a long term disability. The lungs are not fully developed so those babies have to stay in NICU for breathing problems. Telling her that the baby can't survive now and threatening to report her is not helpful or productive especially since all her efforts will most likely not accomplish anything.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 2:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008