Do you have a schedule for your kids for the summer?

I would like ideas on how to keep them busy they are bored and I do not want them just sitting around watching TV.

selaranda

Asked by selaranda at 10:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Definitely playing outside.. riding bikes..going to the park.. bubbles..cookouts.. sidewalk chalk..swimming.. =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We have a pool, bikes, dirt bikes, chores, books, computer, and games. I turn on the news and they all find things to do...lol. Also they aren't allowed to to do anything unless rooms are clean, and chores are done. I also set a time for when the TV is to go off. At noon everyday.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• swimming,playing outside, parks, zoo
    momricketts

Answer by momricketts at 11:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Playing outside, going on a few family trips, taking them to the zoo and parks and pools, And pretty much anything I can think of to try and make the summer great :)
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Nope, no schedule. They get up, eat breakfast, watch a little TV and then are outside playing until it gets dark. They come in to eat and use the bathroom and that's it. My kids still have 2 days of school left but it's hot out right now and the girls were in the sprinkler and my son is at the park playing with some friends.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We picked a day a week for certain things:
    Monday - Swimming (Lake or pool depending on the weather)
    Tuesday - Outing day (We go somewhere we haven't been within a 75 mile radius of our house)
    Wednesday - Craft day (We create something at home that we haven't made before)
    Thursday - Park Day (We visit one of the parks in the are for acouple hours and often take a lunch to eat while we are there)
    Friday - Library (We head to the library and browse books for an hour or so and get new material for the upcoming week)

We also participate in the reading programs that our library offers as well as the ones Barnes and Noble and Borders do
    sransom99

Answer by sransom99 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 18, 2011