Is it just me?

So I just realized something HUGE. I think many of us complain or wish that our husbands would help out more around the house, cooking, cleaning, laundry, kids, etc. I was one of those who would have to fight it out of my DH to get him to just throw a load of laundry in the washer. I could never understand why he just can't help out without me asking ALL THE TIME! And was not going to settle for the that's just men for ya crap lol. Well I just realized I don't cut the grass, clean up the yard, fix things that get broke, take out the trash, go to the dump, change the oil, wash the cars, etc (all the outside work). So who does all that stuff? My DH does! So I think I'm going to stop asking for all that help inside, b/c never once has asked me to cut the grass or change the oil :) Does anyone else realize this stuff, or am I just really slow in realizing he does help out soooo much?

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 10:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree with you, except I do those things also. We take turns doing all of it, or we do it together. Im an electrician so the electrical is defaulted to me. Hes a plumber and a mechanic so that gets to be his headache. He does the lawn, I do the flower beds. we both work so all cleaning happens on the weekends. We do it as a family, together. Me, him, and the kids. We even sing together as we work.....
    were like a dysfunctional partridge family. LOL
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think you are one of the enlightened ones. LoL, and I was brought up that the man takes care of the outside and the woman takes care of the inside. If a guy wants to help with the laundy or dishes or something, great. But it isn't a big deal or an issue for me. I can't mow the lawn cause I am allergic to grass and I take my car to a shop to get an oil change. I am not mechanically inclined. I like to wash the car in the summer and I don't have a garden or flowers to plant, so that is out. To me, it is basically give and take whatever the other is comfortable with.
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 11:09 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Well you're lucky! Lol I take out the trash, take the car to get the oil changed, wash the car. BUT my fiance is out of town ALOT. He works 22 on 6 off. When he's home I'll ask him to take out the trash....sometimes it gets done, sometimes it doesn't. He DID fix the light the other day though. So I'm thankful for that!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I figured that out before I got married.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• actually I cut the grass,take out the trash and could change the oil just as easy as my dh and as far as housework , he does help out and I don't ask him to ,he just does it, but I really think he is a rare breed, we share all the duties here at home,cause I work and he goes to school.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2011