What does your schedule for the Summer consist of?

for your children to keep them from saying "I'm bored" or "I have nothing to do" all the time?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• there's no schedule. the only thing we have 'etched in stone' (or paper, that is) is our vacation/beach photo appointment.
    we get up and everyday is a new adventure. we hit the local library, the mall play-area, try new restaurants out (we're new in town) for lunch, go to museums, bowling (kidsbowlfree.com-check it out!), waterpark at the community center, build and rebuild LegoCities, yardwork (he's currently growing watermelon and tomatoe, and one flower i forgot the name of), movies(one day a week, they offer very cheap movies at the local theatre). we stop by the pharm and visit dh sometimes.
    we just do what we want to do!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We don't have a schedule. But, when I hear I am bored, I list off the things that he could do. Like clean the toilet, dishes, etc. lol I think it's ok for them to be bored. I tell mine you must try and use your imagination and find something to do so your not bored. They need to figure things out like that. We can't just entertain them.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2011