What is the difference between an i pod and an mp3 player?

How do you get the music onto them? Do they come with music? I am wanting something to wear while walking. Which one is better?

jaceyrayesmom

Asked by jaceyrayesmom at 11:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Technology

• i-pod is a brand of mp3s player. different i-pods can do different things from play mp3's to play videos... You can get less expensive mp3 players i=pod is just one of the top of the line products (like all adhesive bandages are called band-aids and tissues Kleenex)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Brand. That's it. You can get music online through different places (like iTunes), and you can download CDs you already own to iTunes as well, then plug you MP3 player to the computer and it will download.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• The difference is mainly the price tag. I've purchased my MP3 players from Hong Kong sellers on ebay. Paid about $30 for an 8gb MP3 player that looks exactly like an Ipod Nano and it works fantastic, I LOVE it.

They tend to come with one or two demo songs, but you put your own music on it. You can burn songs from your existing cd's on your computer and then save it to the mp3 or buy songs off the internet and save them to the mp3 player. I've also taken cd's out of the library and burned the songs I want.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• An ipod essentially is an ipod. Really the only difference I can think of is that with an ipod you have to put music on it using itunes - you don't have to purchase music from itunes... you can just upload cds or other downloads to itunes and do it that way, but that's the only way you can put music onto it. A regular mp3 player, there are other ways to load the music.

Ipods also come with other things (like if you get an ipod touch) and in my experience, they last longer.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• An ipod is an MP3 player made my Apple. ipod is the brand name. You have to buy songs on itunes and load them on yourself.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Ipod is over rated, it is a pain to use and I own one. Thought they were better but they are not. I cannot tell you how many times I have bought songs from the itunes store and then months later it just disappears from my library. They make you update the software and sometimes it messes everything up.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 11:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• iPod is to mp3 player as Kleenex is to tissues.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2011