Has anyone ever had bad side effects to birth control pills?

all day yesterday my whole calf felt as if someone was cutting off my circulation now this morning i'm having heaviness in my chest and it hurts when i bend over or try to breath heavy it hurts on the same side my calf hurts I have a dr appointment at 11 this morning do you think I should wait till then or go into the hospital?

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Health

• not like you've experienced, but one made me feel gittery and anxious, forgetful, and just plain loopy. i thought i was losing my mind.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I would go to the hospital immediately. Blood clots and heart attack are serious complications from birth control.
    H.Unger

Answer by H.Unger at 11:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I would be very worried about a blood clot. I have had side effects like weight gain and mood change, but nothing I thought was going to affect my health as seriously as a blood clot would.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• The first thing that popped into my head was blood clot. I think it's rare, but common enough that they talk about it as a possible side effect even on the commercials. I would get to the doctor/hospital asap. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I wouldn't wait, go straight to the ER. But, I havfen't had any side affects from birth control.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I would go to the er, the only side effects that i got were emotionally related not physical.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I would go to the ER asap....the only thing that happened when I was on the pill is well I have a daughter thats going to turn 6 in October ;)
    christydlewis

Answer by christydlewis at 10:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Sounds like a blood clot - I'd go!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2011