2 week vacation

We will be leaving for a 2 week vacation to the west coast soon. We will be driving about 2000 miles to our destination, (to my inlaws). Any tips for our trip? We have built in DVD/Game systems in the head rests so that's covered. But any ideas so the trip doesn't turn into a huge fight between our 3 boys (8, 9 , and 15 yrs) would be great!! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Holidays

• You'd be surprised how well it can go! We just returned from a 2 week road trip - 3,300 miles (DH, me, 2 DD's - 15 & 10). They had the DVD player in the SUV, each had their own iPod, books, Nintendo DS; I packed "on the go" snacks, and some games - magnetic checkers and other "travel games" (which they never once played). They seemed to "just get it" - this is the deal and you need to deal with it! And they did! I was SOO proud of them! Of course, there were little quibbles here and there and a simple "knock it off, both of you" was all it took to get back on track. We expected the worst and were VERY pleasantly surprised! Good Luck!
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 12:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• favorite books they can read (when the going gets tough and rowdy).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I remember road trips as a kid. We had a van and I sat in the back with grandma and my bro in the front. It really helped to split us up and I got to know grandma better talking and playing with her.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 12:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You can pull out surprise presents on the ride...things to build or puzzle books. You can also do a sing-a-long or have a trivia contest.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 11:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• books and make up games to play like the old game i spy the 15 year old may think its stupid lol but he will get into it after a while maybe good luck
    britt2thabrat

Answer by britt2thabrat at 11:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Trivia cards, ipods/mp3s with headphones for each kid.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2011