So am I a glutton?

I am fat. BUT I don't indulge in my food. In fact we eat very healthy. Very small portions of meat, mostly veggies, the occasional cookie or dessert. Economically we eat less now than we ever have before. I am fat partially because of genetics and partially because I could exercise more than I do. Am I a glutton JUST because I am fat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Health

• I think no. Like I answered to someone elses question about gluttony being a sin.. Some people cannot help being overweight. Sounds like you are eating as healthy as you can.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Not if u don't eat excessively. Maybe more sloth for lack of activities. But I thought Christian shouldn't be judgmental.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No. Gluttony means overindulging and that doesn't just mean in the food area. God made us all to be different, looks and everything, and that includes people who are overweight and underweight. You are ok, I don't think you are sinning.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Apparently they are... This is what I gather... form the answers to some recent questions...

I get around alot with the kids, we walk, run, play, I just don;t spend extra time each day to exercise. When I am not with the kids, I am cleaning or just being quiet on the computer. I am sure I could squeeze ina work out but honestly I need my wind down time and exercising doesn't sound like an appealing wind down for me. I know it is for some people.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• gluttony doesn't always point to overindulgence in food. it could be various 'vises'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• true but over eating is the one you hear most closely associated with the 'sin'
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think you're the perfect example of why being fat doesn't mean you're a glutton.

In fact, I've been guilty of food gluttony plenty of times while I was very skinny.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 11:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Do you eat when you're not hungry? Do you continue eating after you are full? Have you ever eaten to the point you need to unzip your pants to feel comfortable? If your answers are "yes", then yes that would make you a glutton.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 2:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think everyone does that sometimes. But regularly? Of course not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I don't think that the sporadic indulgence in gluttonous behavior (Turkey Day anyone?) makes one a glutton.

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 3:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2011