How can I do this?

I want to save money for emergencies but dh says he needs EVERY cent to pay this and that I am like just put some to the side he says NO.
Understand how he feels but sometimes we are left with nothing :( I'd like to surprise him with a 20 or even a 100 I know that would make his day but HOW CAN I DO THIS take away while he is not looking so to speak I am not trying to be sneaky but he leaves me no choice.
Thank you ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Well do you have a joint checking and savings account? Simply transfer a little bit each week from checking to savings. Or if you want the actual cash, use the atm or when you buy things with a debit round up the amount for cash back, for example if the total owed is $22.50 round up to $25 or $30 and save the rest.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Maybe each week ask him for $20 to "go out to lunch" or something & then just put the money aside?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Maybe think of another resource for extra money?? Donate blood, I think it pays $20- $60 per seven days. I did the math on the numbers my friend gave me it's about an extra $6000 a year!
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 12:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i like the idea of rounding up your purchases or just pulling an extra $10 when you are making a purchase.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• Everybody should have an emergency fund. You can open a savings account in your name only and save whatever you can every week.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2011