Have you checked out www.unclaimed.org ?

Someone posted this link a couple of days ago on CM under "Money and Work", I think.

http://www.unclaimed.org//surprised

I didn't check it right away, but kept it in the back of my mind knowing I would as soon as I could.

I checked it out last night and it turns out my old homeowners insurance co from about 9 years ago owes me over $2,000.00.

You cannot imagine how thrilled I am to find that out. Apparently, I was overcharged for a period of years and when they were audited they had to pay me back, but I've never heard from them. I just want to pass this along again for any who might have missed it the other day.You just never know what's out there.

Here's the link again and pass it along: http://www.unclaimed.org/

GOOD Luck!!!

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 11:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• yes, it's legita and shouls be promoted more. You can just go to your state's website too and go to the treasury dept.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:08 AM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Thanks for sharing.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My husband just filed a claim for over $500 just last week. Woot Woot!

It turns out that one of his employers was not paying the employees fully for overtime.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm always leary of those site because I think it might be someone trying to get your current information. Did you actually receive the money back yet?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• It actually takes you to your state's official site.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes, you start by clicking on your state...then it redirects you to your state's official site. I was skeptical at first but wasn't once I got on the actual site. I wouldn't pass along a gimmick to people. I'm completely against anything giimmicky!
    Thank You for your replies!
    KellyGirl_TX

Comment by KellyGirl_TX (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Jun. 18, 2011