I have a step daughter , my huband drives cross country , her biological mother says i can only see her when he's home is this true? we live in nevada.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Actually yes I believe that it is, as a step parent you have very little rights.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:40 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Not if it is your weekend or whatever to have her. When the father isn't there..and she is under his care.. he can leave her with whoever she wants. Unless she pursues anything in court..you are fine.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• does the court order say you can't? If not then she cannot make up her own rules. If its court ordered visitation for them to visit at his residence and you just so happen to be there because you live there, then the mom is SOL. I
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If your husband has court ordered visitation, then during his visitations he is free to have his daughter stay with whomever he chooses unless they had somethingh specifically written into the visitation order regarding this. Otherwise, a father who had his child for a week couldn't have a babysitter while he worked. The bio mom is just trying to be difficult in this situation. What a shame.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 12:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Good Luck, I hope it all works out for you soon. :)
    GypsyMa76

Answer by GypsyMa76 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2011