Do you EVER stop crying after a miscarriage? It's only been a few weeks but I cannot seem to get control of my emotions & I feel like a crying mess all the time :(

GypsyMa76

Asked by GypsyMa76 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Maybe its post pardum? Or maybe you really are grieving the loss of a child :( I'm sorry you are going through this.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 11:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I had one 8 years ago and it does get a little better. I still think about "what if" and how old that child would be. Some people think that you should just forget about it but it was a child and my husband and son and I were so excited. I am having a hysterectomy next month and never had another child after the miscarriage so I am a little emotional right now. It gets some better but you will never get over it and a few weeks is not long. Good luck and I am sorry for your lose.
    Donnaleapinky

Answer by Donnaleapinky at 11:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm so sorry for yyour lost. I was pregnant with twins and miscarried one during my early stage of pregnancy. One did survive but it's still not the same. it's still hard for me, I think about the other child all the time and it's been 6 months. It does get easier, but your always going to have the thought in hte back of your mind, it was your child, your allowed to be upset. It's understandable. Again, sorry for your lost.
    kaysmomma121110

Answer by kaysmomma121110 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• your mind will ease some but there are always going to be those days where you wonder why
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 12:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Thanks ladies, I am usually not a cryer but OMG, at the drop of a hat i fall to pieces. My 5 year old keeps telling people "my mommy lost the baby in her belly" then I get these looks of absolute horror. I just don't know what to do with myseld sometimes, I keep doing the "what If's" & I know I shouldn't but it's hard. Thanks again & I am sorry for you losses as well. *HUGS*
    GypsyMa76

Comment by GypsyMa76 (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think we all deal with things in different ways. I did the opposite and did not show any emotion what so ever. It has been 7 years and I still question my response. I compare myself to others, they had a funeral should I have? They named their baby, should I have? Did I not love the little one enough? It is hard and in the end I just tell myself that we are all different. If this is the way that you are reacting then that is what you need. Things will get better hang in there.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 1:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2011