Help for fleas

I have a mobile home I am renovating. My daughter is storing her things in there until her move out of the state. Therefore there are no animals or humans living in the mobile home. We live in Florida and they get tracked in from the yard. Here's the problem, we need to kill them. Bombing isn't a great option since after I bomb I get violently ill. Besides, they don't seem to work as well as they did years ago. I really can't afford an exterminator. We've heard about Cedar Oil Spray, however I can only find it online and it's expensive, plus we don't have a whole lot of time to wait for shipping. None of the feed stores or lumber stores carry it around here. Anyone have any suggestions?

attap5

Asked by attap5 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Pets

• Sprinkle your carpet and furniture with borax (found in the laundry aisle) it works wonders and it's cheap.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. You can dust your yard with it, sprinkle it along your baseboards, on carpeting, under sinks, behind appliances, etc. Don't confuse it with the DE you use for pool filters or the one with the insecticide in it. Food grade DE will dry up all kinds of insects & kil them, including fire ants. That's how well it works. It's not expensive & you're usually able to find it at feed stores. Research Food Grade DE & you'll be surprized at what all it's good for. Be careful though to not inhale it, as it is very drying to the lungs. I wear a surgical mask when using it to dust my flowers & yard.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 6:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011