My daughter weighs 11lbs 2 ounces

She was weighed 3 weeks ago, and is only 7 weeks old. just wanting to know if this is normal. She can also stand really well with just holding her hands and can hold her head really well.

army_mommy15

Asked by army_mommy15 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like a healthy happy baby i wouldnt worry about it. how much did she weigh when she was born? Every baby gains weight differently and grows differently and also developes different.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• at 7 weeks my baby weighed 16 lbs (double her birth weight). The doctor said I was a good cow. Exact quote. At her next check up he told me there was no such thing as an obese breastfed baby. (without my asking). He was right tho, her weight gain leveled off after that. She is now 16 months and weighs 24 lbs. He said a lot of breastfed babies gain weight quickly- it's nature's way of ensuring survival.
    I'm not sure if you are nursing or not, but I wouldn't worry this early unless you are thinking she isn't eating enough. Then, check with the doc.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• mine was about 14lbs at 8 weeks so your baby is just healthy. My son started to loose weight when he started moving and crawling, so dont worry how big she is now as long as she is happy. When she starts to move she will even out. She sounds like a cutie
    Frogger33

Answer by Frogger33 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• babies are supposed to double their birth weight by teh time they are 3 months (and most do before that mark) Doctors like to see a weight gain of i/2 ounce (extremely low end) to 2 ounces a day and closer to the 2. So do the math. If your baby has been gaining more than 2 ounces a day talk to your doctor but if not dont worry about it. It sounds like your baby is a little prodigy :) Also keep in mind if your baby was post term at all she really isnt 7 weeks old she 7 weeks plus teh maount of time she was post term. Just something to think about :)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my baby weighs 11.2 and is only 3 weeks old he weighed 10.4 when born
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my son weighed 10 lbs 8 oz when he was born!!!!!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 3:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• SOUND LIKE A NORMAL HAPPY HEALTHY BABY TO ME
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008