Daycare...

My son turns 3 next month and will being going to daycare! (yay!) But his younger brother will only be two in August so we were planning on keeping him home until next year because the rates are lower when they are three. No idea why. But I recently found out that there is a discount for sending more than one child at a time. What are you opinions on sending him as well this year? We are expecting a baby at the end of the year as well so that plays into my train of thought. Is it too early or does it even matter what age they go?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 11:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't think 2 is too young for daycare. In fact, I think it's a great age for kids to have some socialization and start learning concepts like sharing and waiting their turn, etc, etc, and a lot of daycares do educational things as well. My DD has definitely picked up little songs and things from daycare that I know I didn't teach her. And having both of them in daycare would give you time with the new baby. Are you sending your 3 year old full time? Maybe send the 2 year old just one or two days a week and see how it goes. Plus, that would give you some extra time at home with him as well. Good luck.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i Would think it would be easier for both boys to be there together if you think they could have a hard time accepting daycare at any point.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Thanks dollface!! :)
    MommaWoods

Comment by MommaWoods (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Its k3 at a daycare. I'm unsure of the correct terms but it will be daycare for the 2yr old. The only reason its being considered is because I would like him to have people with. Make sense? He will be able to learn as well but I was mainly wanting him to be able to play and have fun. We play here but hes always had his brother around. I think he would probably get bored as crap sitting around with me and a baby lol
    MommaWoods

Comment by MommaWoods (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yeah, I get the socialization. My sin stayed with grandparents until he went to preschool and it was culture shock for him
    chelley123

Answer by chelley123 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm slightly confused. Childcare was never an "option" for me. We only send my son somewhere when we work. Do you mean preschool?
    chelley123

Answer by chelley123 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Why are you sending either child? Daycare cares for children when parents must work. Many centers do a wonderful job, but it is ALWAYS second-best to being home full-time with mom. If you have a physical reason for not being able to care for them, that's different. But if you only want what is best for your boys, you'll keep them both home. Many parents think that they are "socializing" their children by sending them to daycares. Nothing is further from the truth. Kids institutionalized in schools and day cares are removed from society. Moms socialize their children by taking them along to the grocery store, the mall, the playground, restaurant, church, or wherever people gather. A 2yr-old in day care learns his behavior from other 2-yr-olds. Kept home, your son will learn from his older brother and you. Which one do you think learns more? Besides the ABCs, a child in daycare learns many undesirable behaviors.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2011