What kind of milk do you drink? What kinds have you tried?

Just curious with all the hype about milks, what kinds people have tried and like or dislike and why. I know people constantly debate about soy, almond, rice, lactose free, reg whole milk, skim, 1%, 2%, coconut milk..... just wanted some opinions.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 11:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• We avoid cow's milk (humans are not meant to drink cow's milk) and soy milk (soy is an endocrine disruptor) like the plague. We tried rice milk on cereal when the kids were younger but we no longer eat cereal (it's really junk food) so I have no need for rice milk.

I will occassionally buy chocolate almond milk to drink as a special treat; it is really yummy. Would love to try goat's milk; it's supposed to be the easiest digestable milk out there.
    Anonymous

• I drink Vanilla Light Silk Soy MIlk. I like it in otherwise tasteless cereal (plain cheerios, plain special k, rice krispie). I have tried Skim, Silk Soy Plain, 1%, 2% but I always came back to vanilla soy milk. I used to drink whole until I was 19 and I became vegan. I'm no longer vegan but I kind of adopted some healthy alternatives.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• none
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 11:54 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Whole white--chocolate--and my girls like strawberry as well.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My husband likes whole cow's milk. I will drink any cow's milk but skim, it just doesn't taste right to me. I don't even mind 1%.

I have tried rice milk... I don't like it. I've tried soy milk, and it's okay. Almond milk is my favorite of the milk substitutes, it tastes closest to cows' milk for me. I've also tried my own breast milk lol. It is really sweet and light tasting. I see why my kids love it so much :p

I've heard that goats' milk is good too, and it's actually closer to human milk than cows' milk is (making it better for you). I would like to try it some day, but it's really hard to find fresh, and it's much more expensive.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• we are a cow milk drinking family! When there's a baby in the house drinking whole milk I will have a glass now and then. Otherwise it's 2%, unless I'm trying to loose weight then it's either skim or 1%, prefer 1%. I've tried some soy and almond milk and seeing as it's not necessary for the fam to drink it we don't have it often, the odd occasion.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I've tried whole, 2%, 1%, skim and soy (vanilla, regular and chocolate).

I like whole milk best and it's the milk I've drank for most of my life.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• cow whole milk
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We used to buy whole milk for the kids, skim for me, and 2% for LP. Now we just by 2% and have all adapted to it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My whole family, including my 2 yo drinks skim. We will soon be buying whole milk too, but only for my 1 yo.

Answer by missanc at 12:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2011