When did you transition your toddler from a toddler bed to twin?

My son is 3, (9/4/5), and I am just wondering when most mom's put their little ones in a twin. I am only interested in if,when you moved them up from a toddler bed to a twin. My son has been in the toddler bed for almost 2 years. I am just wondering when do we move him up to the twin.

kimikylemama

Asked by kimikylemama at 1:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We got a big kid bed for my daughter a little after her 2nd birthday. It's not a twin, it's smaller. They sell them at Ikea for a great price.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i moved my son up to a twin bed when he was about two and a half. to be honest the reason for my doing so was because we had just moved about a month before and a screw was lost in the move(it was a crib converted tod. bed) and it was being held on one side by a bungee cord lol. (he didn't really sleep in it anyway)
    I more than likely would have done so when he turned three anyhow. It is probably time to convert and get her used to sleeping in a bigger bed. after all she will be in the new bed for quite a while probably.
    klbnkndsmm

Answer by klbnkndsmm at 2:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• when hes too big for the toddler bed.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My son went from a crib (age 1 1/2) to a full size bed.. we just bought one of those side brace things..
    Anonymous

• my daughter went from a crib to a twin at 13 months
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My son went right from the crib to a twin bed at 2&1/2. He's really tall for his age though, and I knew a toddler bed wouldn't last long at all, so I didn't want to buy one, then have to buy a twin bed right after. We just used one of those side rails and he was fine.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 10:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2008